Upon entering the ventrilo server, please speak to an Administrator (Brail Agise, SaInT, Ilkar, or Stooge) or a Moderator (BradenFontaine) for membership. The easiest way to accomplish this is to right click a Admin or a Moderator's name in the server and go to User —> Private Chat. If they are available they will assist you from there. You are not allowed continuous usage of the system without membership. Whichever person signs you up will ask you for your password. There is no other way for us to set you up then to gather this information. The information is not shared, even with other Administrators, and only the Ventrilo software stores the information. Any Administrator or Moderator can change your password at will, so there is no security concern here for you. If you still, for whatever reason, do not want to do this, then thank you for visiting but you will not be allowed to stay. Our Ventrilo is a private club, members only.
Logging in with password
Once you obtain membership, press disconnect on the Ventrilo client. Before you press connect again, click on the icon that looks like -> next to the "SERVER" field at the top of the client (should be second from top). In there is a password field, update it with the password you provided us, and then press connect button.
Rules of text chat
Text to Speech
The ability to switch channels is a ability provided to any member of the ventrilo server. This simply allows you to switch between the different provided channels currently available in the server *General Lobby, The Hot Tub". The channel names are overwhelmingly self explanatory and you are required to go to the appropriate channel depending on what you are discussing. To switch channels simply left click the name of the channel in which you wish to join and it will move you to the appropriate channel. By default the channels you begin in when you log in are either the Server Lobby or General Lobby. For general discussions please try to keep it to General Lobby and not Server Lobby.
Moving to channels for private, non-general conversations
The Private rooms are provided for peoples to discuss amongst themselves real life issues or other things of that nature. These rooms are intended to be completely private so if you would like to join one of these channels please ask a admin to move you into the appropriate channel and an other members of your party. THESE ARE NOT YOUR PRIVATE RESERVED DISCUSSING CHANNELS! These channels were created to allow people to discuss sensitive or private topics and if you are asking to go into them every other day you will eventually get DENIED.
Co-op rooms what they do and when to use them.
The Co-op rooms are provided for use between multiple people or players when they are playing together. These channels are open to anyone and are not moderated unless you ask a admin or moderator to moderate temporarily and they agree. These channels are also NOT provided to discuss real life issues or other real life subjects out of the realm out of Demon's Souls. If you desperately need to talk to someone there are channels made for that. *See Moving to channels for private, non-general conversations*.
Rules and Regulations
The rules are not all inclusive. We cannot cover every situation, and judgment by the moderators and administrators are binding. Just because "it wasn't a rule" when you did it, does not mean it was OK that you did do it. Common sense and sound judgment allows you to hang out with us, if you don't have those we don't want to hang out with you
Respect the Admins and Moderators
Admin / Moderators have final say.
Arguing, insulting, or otherwise undermining the authority of an admin is not tolerated. The authority of an Admin or Moderator is critical to the running of any public discussion forum. Whether that forum is a message board, chat room, or voice chat. If you have an issue with a moderator always initiate and request a private chat with them. If you argue, insult, or otherwise undermine them in a public room you will be kicked and temporarily banned until the Demon's Souls site admins decide on your long term fate. In this case Stooge or Ilkar; Ojimaru is on vacation, and does not deal much with Ventrilo in any case.
If you have an issue with a moderator and feel they are being vicious, abusive, unfair, playing favorites, or otherwise acting out of accordance with the spirit and fair judgment of a moderator then you should use the following escalation procedure:
- If the person in question is a moderator then escalate to any of the admins (currently those are Brail Agise, SaInT, Ilkar, and Stooge.
- If the person is an Administrator escalate to either Ilkar or Stooge who are both site Admins.
- If the person is Ilkar, then escalate to the owner of the site; Stooge
- If the person is Stooge … well, when in Stoogeville do as the Stooge says, not as you would do.
The Ventrilo server has been provided to you by the site, free of charge, for the discussion of Demon's Souls or issues related to the Demon's Souls WIki. It is not your new free World of Warcraft Guild server. You will be kicked for that, and repeatedly doing it will get you a ban.
The Ventrilo system is not a democracy. There is no voting on issues or for changes. If you don't care for something quietly inform a moderator or administrator and we will discuss it to see if it has merit. If we feel it does not, or that it would be difficult to manage, or whatever we will inform you. If we decline your idea then the matter is closed. Arguing with any of us, or in public, whether or on Ventrilo or in the Demon's Souls Wiki, will not only be considered a rules violation, but will likely result in a timeout from the Vent server, and possibly from the WIki as well.
If you are doing, saying, or typing something and the majority of people find it annoying or offensive, then it is. Your view on the world as it relates to your obnoxious activity is of no importance to anyone else. I don't care if you feel you have the right to do whatever it is you are doing. You actually don't. Behave or you face either being globally muted (what we call the "gag order", kicked, kicked and temporarily banned, or permanent ban both on the account and by IP address.
We are not qualified to help you with real life emergencies or crises. For emergencies, please contact 911. If you are considering, or know someone who is considering, suicide please contact 911 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). The Lifeline is staffed 24 hours a day, every day of the year, by qualified trained suicide counselors. It is a toll free call and can be kept confidential. There are alternatives available to you. If you feel there is no one else you can talk to, then please log in and we will do what we can to help you.
If a user does log on and indicates they will hurt themselves, then follow these guidelines.
- Be direct. Talk openly and matter-of-factly about suicide.
- Be willing to listen. Allow expressions of feelings. Accept the feelings.
- Be non-judgmental. Don't debate whether suicide is right or wrong, or whether feelings are good or bad. Don't lecture on the value of life.
- Get involved. Become available. Show interest and support.
- Don't dare him or her to do it.
- Don't act shocked. This will put distance between you.
- Don't be sworn to secrecy. Seek support.
- Offer hope that alternatives are available but do not offer glib reassurance.
- Take action. Remove means, such as guns or stockpiled pills.
- Get help from persons or agencies specializing in crisis intervention and suicide prevention.
Freedom of speech
A cornerstone of the United States Constitution and one that is so often completely misunderstood by those very people who live under its protection. The 1st Amendment to the United States Constitution states: "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
What a great law. It protect us from the government and prohibits the government from controlling and stifling information, expression, and protesting. Where Americans often get confused, however, is the very first word. You see, neither my admins, moderators, or myself are members of the United States Congress or any other government. So, if we don't like what you are saying, the United States Constitution does not apply. We are not the government and will straight up "layeth the smackath downath upon thy candy ass".
Absolutely forbidden usages
Even if you "did not start it", under no circumstances shall any of the following be tolerated
- The release, in any form, of another users personal information, especially their geographic locations, or methods in which to contact them.
- Hate commentary. This includes, but is not limited to
- Calling someone a Nazi
- Using racial epitaphs such as the N word and others. I don't care if you are a member of that racial, you still are not going to use those words on my server. Go get your own if you want to speak like that.
- Implying or advocating the activity that an average person would find repulsive, violent, or extremely offensive (i.e. raping someone as being OK; holocaust was a good thing; child pornography is fun; etc). You know damn good and well if you cross this line, so protest to your monitor because you sure as hell won't be on my systems anymore.
- Discussing the distribution or production of child pornography, discussing the intent to cause serious physical, emotional, mental or any other harm to another person, or any other felonious activities will result in the immediate capturing of your IP address and will be turned over to whatever proper authorities. We will assist those authorities by providing them with any and all information that leads to your arrest and/or conviction, or to your location to prevent you from harming yourself.
- Impersonating a Administrator, a Moderator, or a member of the Demon's Souls Wiki staff is strictly against the rules and will not be tolerated under any circumstances. This can range from anywhere from "I am " or "I am a *insert title".