An eye stone you stole from a Black Phantom.
Proof of a corrupted human. When you die and
enter Soul form, use this item to invade another
world. (This can only be used in Soul form.)
When you enter another world, you become a
Black Phantom. If you can defeat the warrior in
that world, you will resurrect with your body.
Allows you to invade the world of a body form player as a Black Phantom.
A message appears as you invade another players world: "<Insert PSN ID> has invaded".
Constraints on use
- you must be in soul form
- you must be in an area1 that allows the use of the Black Eye Stone
- usually the start of each level
- other areas of individual levels.
If you equip and ready the Black Eye Stone, as you progress through a level, it will become brighter when you reach an area that allows for it's use
- you must be within the level range of the host player
- The Black Eye Stone uses two different formulae to find the highest and lowest levels of its range. At the lowest, a host can be invaded by someone who is -(12 + 10% of their level). At the highest, an invader still has to be 2 levels lower than the host. This means that a level 100 host can be invaded by levels 78 through 98.
- More information about multiplayer ranges, including a link to a calculator, can be found on the Online Matchmaking page.
- If you kill the host - you return to your world and regain your body form - you do not collect any souls.
- If you kill a blue phantom in the host world - you receive souls equal in value to half the value of the last soul level that blue phantom obtained.
The same goes for any subsequent blue phantoms that you kill in the same host world.
However, if you are killed by either the host or a blue phantom, you return to your world with any souls you may have accumulated minus half the value
of the last kill and in soul form.
Whichever Nameless NPC Black Phantom you kill first in a New Game will drop a Black Eye Stone. It does not matter which one you kill first.
Convenient choices are the Baby's Nail Black Phantom in 3-1 that appears on the steps leading to the Fool's Idol boss fight or the Uchigatana Black Phantom in 4-2 that waits in the pit below Patches
Be careful with the Great Club Black Phantoms in 2-2, as it is possible for them to fall down the nearby elevator shaft where you cannot retrieve what they drop.