World 1 -- Boletarian Palace
Boletaria is a world populated mostly by human soldiers of varying equipment and capabilities.
- Most enemies use only physical attacks, with some flame attacks thrown in to keep you alert (fire sword dreglings, firebomb soldiers, Official's flame attacks, some exploding barrels, and, oh yes, DRAGONS). You will encounter no magic damage in this world, except from bosses.
- You can see what weapons the human enemies have equipped, so you will learn to predict their attack patterns when spotted
- Dregling/Slaves will have either a Broken Sword, or fire sword, and sometimes a pitiful Slave Shield
- Soldiers may have: a Crossbow, Long Sword, Spear, Battle Axe, or Halberd, and may throw Fire Bombs. The shields of 1-handed weapon users are not too strong so you can break their guard with aggressive attacks.
- Blue eyed or Red eyed Knights use either Knight Sword/Knight Shield, Spear/Knight Shield, or a 2-handed Claymore.
- All sorts of magic attacks are effective, since the enemies generally have weak magic defenses. Fire attacks are also efficient, except against Dragons.
- There are many places with opportunity to spot enemies from a distance, so ranged attacks can give a good advantage.
- In several areas, especially farther into the world, you may have to fight in narrow alleys or corridors, so large horizontal-swinging weapons will be a problem.
- Using quicker weapons helps out a lot because all of the enemies in 1-1, 1-2 and most in 1-3 and 1-4 are low defense and relatively high attack. So if you can kill them before they have a chance at hitting you, the enemy wont stand a chance.
- Having your Equip Burden at 50% or less makes dodging attacks and the dragons a simple task.
page revision: 107, last edited: 10 Feb 2011 14:41