|Build summary||Just a step short of a pure mage in exchange for weaponry and defense|
|Recommended starting class(es)||Royal / Knight|
|Recommended Soul Level||125|
Recommended stats (Leave at default (**) if not raised)
|Vitality||35 / 37|
-The Magic defense may not come in handy in every fight, but it is indispensable in others.
*The Knight's Shield +10 may be substituted when fighting against foreseen, purely physical attacks. Works well with PvE
- These two weapons are interchangeable and only have tactical differences. (I.E. Arc Based Strikes Vs. Shielded Pokes)
*=Bare-bone set up. Actually my prefered but sometimes grasses and spices are scarce.
- Homing Soul Arrow, Ignite, Death Cloud [D] - This set is excellent at keeping pressure on your opponents while evading or using your weapon. Ignite is a personal favorite, but it would only be used as a CQC measure so using [Firespray] and [Poison Cloud] instead of Ignite is another option.
- Firestorm, Fireball, Cloak [O] - A semi-ninja fireball would have devastating effects as well as a hidden firestorm allowing for massive damage, but this would rely on closer fighting with your sword and better timing.
- Fireball, Warding, Death Cloud [D] - A decent choice , this will rely on your sword skills and dodging more.
- Firestorm, Soul Ray, Warding [O] - I feel "meh" about this because of the limited magic attacks, but being able to avoid a death by combo allows for a better position to cast magic and strike
W/ Ring of Magical Nature:
- Firestorm, Fireball, Ignite [O] - Timing is beyond key in this set, but once you get that down, it devastates the enemy.
- Firestorm, Soul Ray, Ignite, Cloak [O] - This is a full blown ninja mage and ignite as well as soul ray become so much more lethal due to the lack of knowledge people will have on your position of attack. *This spell set is not compatible with Second Chance*
- Firestorm, Ignite, Soul Ray, Firespray [O] - By far my favorite set because this really just seems to have it all in terms of offense and truly captures the strength of a mage. You will be able to easily keep up the pressure with this build.
The spell choices are really limitless, but if you choose to make a selection from these sets, be aware of the [O] and [D] markers as they stand for offensive and defensive respectively. The spirit of this build is manifested in the offensive sets, but the defensive ones can be effective if used tactically. (although I advise them much less due to the fact that they would be more suited for a sort of spellsword build)
God's Wrath is easily interchangeable with any other miracle the user wants
ANOTHER NOTE: I've found that having to cycle through so many miracles and spells can cause blunders during PVPs, so it is a good option to just keep second chance if you also feel like you suffer/will suffer from this. (although I had two extra miracles on at the time)
|Gameplay tips and progression||
Quick Start Guide:
Strategies can be seen in the spell set description partially. I'll most likely add tips later.
Near Pure Mage