Left Stick: Controls movement
Right Stick: Controls Camera Angle
- Up- Cycle through memorized Magic/Miracles.
- Down- Cycle through equipped Consumable Items: Healing Grass, Spices, Thrown weapons, etc.
- Left- Swap between the two left hand equipped Weapons/Shields
- Right- Swap between the two right hand equipped Weapons/Shields
- This will allow you to write or rate messages left by other players, or rate players after successful co-op sessions (only work if online)
- Opens the game menu – this does not pause the game (there is no pause in this game). Things can still attack you, and you can still move with the left analog stick, but the buttons control the menu operations (your shield is down, you cannot sprint or attack, etc). If you're pressing/holding a direction and press O to exit from the menu, you will roll in that direction as the menu simultaneously closes.
- Activation Button
- Hold for emotes palette
- Hold and shake controller in direction from palette to do emote
- Use the shown Consumable Item
- Hold while running to Sprint (Uses stamina)
- If you Sprint towards a target and hit an attack while sprinting, you will do a running attack. This does more damage and is easier to hit if you lock on to the enemy with R3.
- If you just tap O, you will hop backwards. Useful to dodge.
- If you hold a direction and tap O, you will roll in that direction.
- When falling from height, if you hit O (or O and hold a direction) right when you land, you will backstep/roll and recover immediately without the momentary stun on landing hard (you will still take the damage as normal)1. You can also change weapons or change between 1-handed and 2-handed mid air, then hit O and hold a direction, to go right back to running without the roll.
- Toggles holding current Right Hand weapon with two hands (Works on ANY WEAPON, including daggers or even shields). Gives you a 1.5x Strength increase but reduces Guard Break Reduction. 1.5x Strength means you can use weapons two-handed requiring up to 1/3 more of your normal Strength that you cannot proficiently use in one hand and increases damage for Strength stat bonus weapons.
- Standard Attack with Right hand or use magic/miracle (depending on equipment in hand)
- Backstab attack, done with shield lowered while close behind a bipedal human-sized enemy (high damage and kicks the enemy forward and prone to the ground). The damage bonus of this backstab is dependent on the weapon type (daggers seem to have a high multiplier), and there is a narrower zone for a successful backstab for other weapons. You are invincible during a large part of the backstab animation, but will be vulnerable to attack for a short time after it ends.
- Power Attack with Right hand weapon
- Target Lock/Unlock (Click to do this)
- You can flick the R stick in a direction towards an enemy to change targets without unlocking.
- When locked on a target, your camera will constantly face that target, and moving left and right will cause your character to strafe instead of turning.
- You can't lock onto enemies behind obstructions or around corners, but if you are already locked you can move behind obstructions without disengaging.
- Moving too far from an enemy you've locked on to will cause you to disengage. This can be dangerous in areas with fatal falls, as your movement will suddenly be altered, and your camera may rotate to match.
- Effective use of this feature, including knowledge of when NOT to use it, is essential in combat.
- Standard Attack with a small/medium weapon in the Left hand
- Cast the selected Magic/Miracles, if a Catalyst or Talisman is equipped,
- If you are wielding a shield or a weapon with both hands, hold L1 to block.
- Damage taken from the attack will be reduced by the Damage Reduction % of the shield or weapon, and stamina will be reduced based on the Guard Break Reduction (higher Guard Break Reduction = less stamina lost).
- If you have no stamina or not enough stamina remaining when you block, you will take damage and be stunned briefly as your guard is broken.
- Parry with Left hand small/medium weapon or small shield.
- There is a short recovery delay after parrying, during which you'll be unable to defend yourself.
- After parrying with L2, R1: Riposte. A severely damaging critical strike delivered to the front of an enemy after they are thrown off balance by a successful parry. Any action or attack can be done after a parry, but only R1 attack gets the critical riposte bonus.
- When wielding certain weapons or large shield, you will attack instead of parrying.
- When wielding a weapon with both hands, you will block instead of parrying.
- While holding a Bow with both hands, L1: Toggle a 'sniper mode'
- Aim with the Right Analog Stick and move slowly with the Left Analog Stick.
- Up and Down D-pad arrows will zoom in or out, respectively.
- This is not usable with crossbows.
- Because the viewpoint is still slightly offset, the actual arrow path will pass from slightly left of the aim point, through it at range, and then slightly right of it when very far.
- O, then R1: Rushing attack, after a backstep. Usually has high power and some stun.
- O + Direction, then R1: Rolling attack, done at end of roll. The attack varies with different weapons, but usually a wide sweeping attack and comes out faster than normal R1 attack.
- Forward + R1: Power Push, use this up close to an enemy to briefly stun them. This even works with enemies with their shields raised. Stunned enemies take extra damage. You can even push enemies off ledges.
- Sprint + R1: Sprinting attack. Usually has high power and some stun.
page revision: 34, last edited: 17 Dec 2011 17:44