Spell from the Demon Old Monk's Soul
Produces a Soul Arrow that tracks its target.
The old man was nothing more than a medium for the robe that drives men mad. This spell reflects the old man's nature to yearn for power that was not his.
- Creates up to 5 small orbs of energy according to the caster's Magic stat.
- The orbs hover above the caster until an enemy is nearby or locked on.
- If the caster is right on the edge of lock-on range, the orbs will fire but won't reach the target.
- If an orb touches a wall or other object, it will disappear. This makes the spell a poor choice for confined spaces.
- Even if enemy players are invisible to the caster due to stealth items (ie. Thief's Ring, Cloak), the orbs will fire.
- This spell is referred to as "Moving Soul Arrow" in the Asian versions of the game.
- The only attack/spell in the game that can do damage while rolling.
- Falls under the category of magic. Along with spells like soul arrow and soul ray. Defense against magic (not fire or physical) happens to be the lowest defense rate on majority of NPCs including bosses.
This spell can be very powerful with Magic-based characters, dealing around 1000 damage with 40 Magic if all orbs connect. Though, they are a little slower than most spells (Soul Ray travels about 30% faster). This makes them easy to dodge when dealing with experienced players. This problem can sometimes be solved, however, by forcing your opponent to block a different attack, since the orbs strike separately. This means if you have enough Magic for 4 orbs and 2 of them are enough to break an enemy's guard, the remaining orbs will strike the enemy directly, rather than dealing damage as a single attack to the enemy's shield.
Number of orbs available in relation to Magic stat
|Number of Orbs
page revision: 26, last edited: 24 Jun 2011 12:50