In Game Description
The legendary large sword that reflects moonlight.
Widely known in association with Moonlight Knight Bito. It's one of the few Revelations from God.
The blue crystal blade is composed only of light, so it's impossible to block with a shield.
The Large Sword of Moonlight can be obtained only once per game
- This sword is classified as a Large Sword and is one of two swords in the game that cannot be blocked by shields, the other being the Blind.
- The sword has magic reduction built in. A successful block reduces Magic damage by 80%.
- At max stats the Large Sword of Moonlight +5 has 100 + 255 Magical Attack.
- The Large Sword of Moonlight +0 can be traded with Sparkly the Crow for a Ring of Devout Prayer1
- The last sentence in the game description is a non-sequitur. A blade made out of a solid material (blue crystal) cannot be made out of pure energy (light) at the same time. Though the phrase "blue crystal" may only be describing its appearance.
- The sword appears to have a small blade coming from the hilt within the blade of moonlight
- This sword is quite useful against enemies in worlds Boletarian Palace because of its magical properties and the fact that it cannot be blocked.
- King's Field 1 - this weapon is one of the end-game weapons from King's Field 1. The game can be completed without it, but it is very difficult. This game was not released outside of Japan, but translations into most major languages can now be found.
- King's Field 2 - The Large Sword Of Moonlight also appears as a very powerful, but unnecessary weapon in King's Field 2. King's Field 2 is known simply as King's Field in North America.
- King's Field 3 - this weapon is the main focus of King's Field 3. In the game, Prince Alexander's goal was to return the sword to King Alfred. King's Field 3 is known as King's Field 2 in North America.
- King's Field 4 is the title of the fourth and, as of yet, final installment in the King's Field series, Sword of Moonlight: King's Field Making Tool.
- Visit kings-field.com for more information
|Name:||Names displayed are according to the Atlus (NA) version of the game. Name changes from the Asian version, if any, will appear in parentheses.|
|Damage:||The Damage stat dictates how much damage the weapon does. The Damage stats for a weapon are X / Y / Z:
Bleed, Poison and Plague are bonus damage over a period of 60 seconds. So, if a weapon has "Bleed 120", the victim will suffer 120 damage over 60 seconds, or 2 damage per second.
Each weapon has one or more physical damage types:
Certain enemies are weak or strong against different types of damage types.
|Durability:||The durability of the weapon. The effectiveness of the weapon will severely deteriorate when the durability falls below 30%.|
|Weight:||The Weight of the weapon. Note that carrying over 50% of your Equip Weight will reduce the speed of your rolls, while going over 100% will reduce your regular speed to walking and attempts to roll or backstep will leave you momentarily stunned.|
|Stats Needed:||The Stats Needed determines how high various Stats must be in order to wield the weapon effectively. The Requirement stats for an weapon are W / X / Y / Z:
Wielding a weapon without the required Strength and/or Dexterity will incur a penalty to the Physical damage of the weapon, while lower-than-required Magic and/or Faith will reduce the Magic damage of the weapon.
Also keep in mind that your character gains a 50% bonus to Strength by wielding a weapon with both hands, thus reducing the actual Strength required. For example, a character with 18 Strength can wield a Great Axe (Requires 26 Strength) properly if the weapon is held with both hands.
|Stat Bonuses:||The Stat Bonuses rating indicates the level of bonus damage you do with the weapon, based on the associated Stat. This rating can be S, A, B, C, D, or E (in order from most to least bonus for the associated skill).|
|Damage Reduction %:||The Damage Reduction % of the weapon. It dictates how much damage the weapon mitigates while blocking. The Damage Reduction % stats for a shield are X / Y / Z:
|Guard Break Reduction:||The Guard Break Reduction determines the amount of stamina expended to block an incoming attack. A higher Guard Break Reduction also allows you to block stronger attacks without breaking guard and reduces the amount of stamina depleted from blocking attacks.|