The Maiden in Black is said to have once been one of the most powerful Demons in existence. Her ability to harness and manipulate the souls of the player-character certainly seems interesting. She maintains a direct communion with the Old One, and is even able to lull it back to sleep should the character accept her offer, making her considerably more powerful than it.
- Talk to her to increase stats. You cannot upgrade stats until you have beaten the boss of 1-1 Phalanx
- Don't worry about accidentally attacking the Maiden - she'll never become hostile, and, after a short delay, comes back to life when killed.
- She moves around a bit, but is always visible near the archstones. The places she can be found are:
- Sitting next to the last Archstone you entered
- Standing directly next to Stockpile Thomas
- Standing between Boldwin and the Archstone for Boletarian Palace
- Sitting against a column across the hall from Thomas, towards the Valley of Defilement
- Standing at the edge of the transparent seal in the center floor
- Beside the small statue where you re-appear when you die in the Nexus
- Standing in the center of the stairs leading down to the area with dozens of messages.
- If you choose the good game ending, you get the Maiden in Black's Demon's Soul (can be used to purchase the spell Soulsucker from Yuria during NG+).
All dialogue text is © Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Voiced by: Evetta Muradasilova