Demons's Souls English Wiki is not a soapbox or means of promotion
- Advocacy, propaganda, or recruitment of any kind: commercial, political, religious, or otherwise
- Opinion pieces. Although some topics, particularly those concerning play strategies, tactics, and PVP may stir passions and tempt people to "climb soapboxes" (i.e. passionately advocate their pet point of view), this site is not the medium for this. Articles must be balanced to put entries in a reasonable perspective, and represent a neutral point of view.
- Scandal mongering, something "heard through the grapevine" or gossip. Articles about living people are required to meet an especially high standard, as they may otherwise be libelous or infringe the subjects' right to privacy. Articles must not be written purely to attack the reputation of another person.
- Self-promotion. It can be tempting to write about yourself or projects in which you have a strong personal involvement. The only exception to this rule is the PSN pages. Even those pages, however, fall under the same general usage as the rest of the site.
- Advertising. No links, or entries related to commercial products should be posted anywhere unless they are official or widely recognized legitimate products related to Demon's Souls or its successor(s). Those promoting causes or events, or issuing public service announcements, even if noncommercial, should use a forum other than Demon's Souls English Wikito do so.
Demon's Souls English Wiki is not a blog, webspace provider, or memorial site.
You may not host your own website, blog, or wiki at Demon's Souls English Wiki.
- Personal web pages. Members have their own user pages on the PSN ID section, but they may be used only to present information relevant to to their character in the Demon's Souls game. If you are looking to make a personal webpage or blog or to post your resume, please make use of one of the many free providers on the Internet or any hosting included with your Internet account.
- File storage areas. Demon's Souls English Wiki is not a file host. Please upload only files that are used (or will be used) in articles or project pages; anything else will be deleted.
- Dating services. Demon's Souls English Wiki is not an appropriate place to pursue relationships or sexual encounters. However, you very well may make new friendships as you go about improving the encyclopedia.
- Memorials. Demon's Souls English Wiki is not the place to memorialize deceased friends, relatives, acquaintances, or others. Note that this policy does not apply outside of the main article spaces. Exceptions may be granted to members who have died, provided their contributions to the site were numerous and notable.
Demon's Souls English Wiki is not censored … well mostly …
The site may contain content that some readers consider objectionable or offensive, even exceedingly so (see content-disclaimer). Anyone can edit an article, and changes made are displayed immediately, so Demon's Souls English Wiki cannot guarantee that articles or images will always be acceptable to all readers, or that they will adhere to general social or religious norms.
Obviously inappropriate content (such as an irrelevant link to a Shock_site, or clear vandalism) is usually removed quickly. Content that is judged to violate Demon's Souls English Wiki biographies of living persons policy, or that violates other Demon's Souls English Wiki policies (especially neutral point of view) However, some articles may include text, images, or links which some people may find objectionable, when these materials are relevant to the content. Discussion of potentially objectionable content should not focus on its offensiveness but on whether it is appropriate to include in a given article. Beyond that, "being objectionable" is generally not sufficient grounds for removal of content.
Demon's Souls English Wiki is not a democracy
Demon's Souls English Wiki is not an experiment in democracy or any other political system. Its primary but not exclusive method of determining consensus is through editing and discussion, not voting. Although editors occasionally use straw polls in an attempt to test for consensus, polls or surveys sometimes impede rather than assist discussion. They should be used with caution, and are no more binding than any other consensus decision.
Demon's Souls English Wiki is not a battleground
This is not a place to hold grudges, import personal conflicts, or nurture prejudice, hatred, or fear. Making personal battles out of discussions goes directly against our policies and goals.
Every user is expected to interact with others civilly, calmly, and in a spirit of cooperation. Do not insult, harass, or intimidate those with whom you have a disagreement. Rather, approach the matter intelligently and engage in polite discussion. If another user behaves in an uncivil, uncooperative, or insulting manner, or even tries to harass or intimidate you, this does not give you an excuse to respond in kind. Address only the factual points brought forward, ignoring the inappropriate comments, or disregard that user entirely. You could also remind the user in question of the policy of no personal attacks in such a situation. If a conflict continues to bother you, contact a moderator or administrator.
Resist the temptation to change content just to prove a point.
Demon's Souls English Wiki is a volunteer community, and does not require its users to give any more time and effort than they wish. Focus on improving the content itself, rather than demanding more from other users.
Do not use Demon's Souls English Wiki to make legal or other threats against the site, administrators, Wikidot, members, or anything or anyone else. Threats are not tolerated and may result in a ban.
Demon's Souls English Wiki is not an anarchy
The site is free and open, but restricts both freedom and openness where they interfere with creating a repository of knowledge for the game. Accordingly, the site is not a forum for unregulated free speech. The First_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution guarantees that governments of the United States may pass no laws regulating your speech. It does not say that this site cannot, and thus we will if deemed necessary. The fact that Demon's Souls English Wiki is an open, self-governing project does not mean that any part of its purpose is to explore the viability of anarchistic communities. Our purpose is to build a repository of information, not to test the limits of anarchism.
Demon's Souls English Wiki is not your web host
Many of the content restrictions listed above apply to your PSN ID page as well. Your user page is not a personal homepage, nor is it a blog. More importantly, your user page is not yours. It is a part of Demon's Souls English Wiki, and exists to make collaboration among members easier.
When you wonder what to do:
When you wonder what should or should not be in an article, ask yourself what a reader would expect to find under the same heading in an encyclopedia.
When you wonder whether the rules given above are being violated, consider:
- Changing the content of an article (normal editing)
- Changing the page into a redirect, preserving the page history
- Notifying a moderator or administrator
- Flag the page as objectionable and it will be reviewed by the staff. Every page at the bottom has the option to flag the page as objectionable.