In Game Description
A gilded shield crafted with exquisite design.
Strongly enhanced with magic, it protects the user from magical attacks.
It is the weapon of the legendary hero who used this shield with its paired rune sword.
There are two ways to obtain this shield per game:
- The first way to obtain this is to go to 1-4 and proceed through the stage until you have reached the final part of the castle, near Ostrava. After you have spoken to him proceed up the stairs and you will enter combat with Rune Sword Black Phantom. After defeating him, he will drop the Rune Sword and the Rune Shield.
- In 3-2 of Latria, you can get this shield with a careful fall, not far into the level.
- After you reach the large tower at the center of the level (the tower with giant beating heart above), take the spiral stairs up to the left, until you reach the next floor and the first area on the left with pots and no railing on the outside.
- Break some pots here and walk to the edge, you can see a narrow ledge below. If you walk slowly and diagonally off the edge you can barely land on the ledge below.
- Follow the ledge to the left and you can pick up both a Rune Sword and Shield.
- From here you have to drop down to the next ledge below and proceed.
- Increases Magic defense
- Generates the same aura as the Rune Sword, Dark Silver Shield and the Ring of Magical Dullness
- Has the lowest durability of any shield in the game besides the Slave's Shield at 33.
|Name:||Names displayed are according to the Atlus (NA) version of the game. Name changes from the Asian version, if any, will appear in parentheses.|
|Damage:||The Damage stat dictates how much damage the shield does when used for bashing.
All shields have Blunt physical damage, apart from the Spiked shield's Slashing damage, but it is also more of a weapon than a shield.
|Damage Reduction %:||The Damage Reduction % of the shield. It dictates how much damage the shield mitigates while blocking.
The Damage Reduction % stats for shields are X / Y / Z:
|Guard Break Reduction:||The Guard Break Reduction determines the amount of stamina expended to block an incoming attack. A higher Guard Break Reduction also allows you to block stronger attacks without breaking guard and reduces the amount of stamina depleted from blocking attacks.|
|Durability:||The Durability of the shield. The effectiveness of the shield will severely deteriorate when the durability falls below 30%.|
|Weight:||The Weight of the shield. Note that carrying over 50% of your Equip Weight will reduce the speed of your rolls, while going over 100% will reduce your regular speed to walking and attempts to roll or backstep will leave you momentarily stunned.|
|Requirements:||The Requirements determines how high various Stats must be in order to wield the shield effectively.
The Requirement stats for shields are W / X / Y / Z:
While it is possible to use a shield with lower-than-required Strength, your character will suffer a severe penalty to Guard Break Reduction, thus making it easier to break your character's guard.