* increasing Endurance causes a greater increase in Fire resistance than any other stat
There are no stat increases for weapon speed, attack speed, or decreases falldown duration, attack delay, or anything else of that nature. If an item is not present in the above table, increasing any stat will not help. Also note that every stat increases your physical defense, so no matter how stat points are spent, less damage will be taken.
A list of starting stats for each class is on the classes page
- The highest level for any single stat is 99, making the highest possible Soul Level 712, with all individual stats at 99.
- The maximum is far beyond what's needed to complete three-and-a-half playthroughs and earn the Platinum trophy, and few players will reach Soul Level 712 through normal farming.
- Maxing out one's stats does not give a player any unfair advantage over other players, because of the game's online Soul Level range restrictions.
- Prior to Patch 1.03 for the three Asian versions, a glitch allowed for the duplication of souls between two characters within the same player account, so that a player quickly (in about 1.5 hours, starting with 1,000 souls) could produce 999,999,999 souls for each of the two characters. In turn, the duplication of souls allowed characters to quickly achieve the maximum Soul Level.
The only way to de-level a characters stats is to decrease the overall Soul Level, and then build back the relevant stats, as desired. More information is available on the delevelling page.
Research information on stamina regeneration can be found here
This wiki has a spreadsheet which consolidates most of the stat information. It can be found on the planning page
For known formulas used to calculate the influence of stats on attributes and the reengineering effort, visit the formulas page
Find charts for planning your character progress here