Stonefang is an easy world for planning equipment strategy since almost all the enemies have similar attacks and weaknesses.
- Enemies deal physical and flame damage only, no magical damage
- Purple Flame Shield or the Brushwood Shield is perfect for this world
- Some armor is better against fire (Binded Cross is better than Wizard's Clothes is better than Old Raggedy Robes, Brushwood Armor and Ancient King's Armor and Mirdan Scale Mail is better than Dark Silver Armor or Gloom Armor)
- Fire resistance can be boosted by the Ring of Flame Resistance, or the Water Veil spell
- Most enemies are resistant to physical and fire attacks, but vulnerable to magic damage
- Soul Ray, Soul Arrow and Homing Soul Arrow will be effective
- Fire-based spell attacks are useless on many enemies (Fat Officials are an exception)
- Avoid using fire-based weapon attacks (Dragon weapons, Turpentine)
- Instead, use magic damage boosted weapons:
- Crescent, Moon or Blessed weapons (the Crescent Falchion +1 from 4-1 is amazing here, the Blessed Mace+1 from 5-1 also works well, if not better, if you can't handle the Black Skeleton in 4-1 to get the Falchion)
- Buff enchantable weapons with Sticky White Stuff, Enchant Weapon or Light Weapon
- Holy Arrows deal good magic damage if your plan includes a bow
- Even the 3 bosses (well, the first 2 at least) follow the same rules: defend against their physical and fire, and attack them with magic
- Despite all the above advice, don't forget PvP invasions: a smart Black Phantom will play against your expected PvE equipment setup and probably attack you with Magic damage. So if you don't have some magic defense option you will be an easy target.
- There are many enemies in this world which drop valuable weapon upgrade stones, including the largest number of Crystal Lizards anywhere, so leave some inventory weight free for the loot, and bring the Ring of Herculean Strength if you have it.