Latria is a creepy atmospheric world with a unique flavor, and without care several of the enemies here will make you the tasty flavor on their menu.
- Besides physical attacks, you will encounter several enemies which will use potent ranged magic attacks, and also some which will poison you. There are no sources of flame attacks here.
- The strong ranged magic attacks are from the guards, the two Prisoner Horde enemies, and the Fools Idol boss
- For the Mind Flayer enemies encountered in 3-1, be sure to have a bow and plenty of arrows, which are very effective.
- Bring a shield which blocks as high a percent of magic as possible:
- If you are caught in a long corridor or open space without hiding spots you may still take a lot of damage from these ranged attacks. Use cover to prevent getting hit at all.
- You will encounter poison on the tip of some of the prisoners' daggers, and from the Man Centipedes in the swamp of 3-2.
- Increasing your poison resistence can make it less likely you will be affected
- Natural poison resist comes from your Endurance stat, and can be boosted with a Ring of Poison Resistance, and some other equipment
- Bring Royal Lotus to heal poison, and equip it for fast  hotkey use next to your healing items
- The miracles Antidote and Cure are also quick ways to remove the poison effect
- The variety of enemies has no wide-scale resistances to physical, fire, or magic damage, so try whichever upgraded weapons and spells are your favorites.
- Make sure you have a reliable source of ranged damage (bow, crossbow, or spells) for 3-2, since the airborne crossbow-firing Gargoyles can be hard to lure into melee killing range, and ranged offense will lower your stress level dealing with the Mind Flayers (as mentioned above) in 3-1 as well.