- This is your starting point. Because the Storm Beasts in this level are hard to hit at times, try equipping a Thief's Ring to avoid detection.
- If you'd like, you can attack the Storm Beast in front of you here. Also, either side of the platform is hiding an item. A Stone of Ephemeral Eyes and a Soul.
- Graverobber Blige has set up shop here. Be sure to look at his expanded inventory. With the easy Reaper conveniently located nearby, you can grab a few thousand soul points and use them for a small shopping spree.
- There are Shadowlurkers near this point. These guys respawn when killed as long as the Reaper lives. But, after killing them you can shoot arrows down at the Reaper from here. Lucky for you Graverobber Blige sells Wooden Arrows for 5 soul a pop. You'll need a handful to take down the Reaper. Look to your left for 11 free Kunai (throwing daggers that can cause Poison).
- If you like, use this spot as a shortcut to get down. Aim for the altar below and you take only the smallest amount of damage. You can also use the altar as a shield of sorts if you wish to fight the Reaper at melee range.
- To either side of the altar are doorways leading to a small room with Patches, the Hyena. The Augites of Guidance light up this room as well. He'll tell you to look into the nearby pit to see a treasure. Despite this being one of his lame traps, you get some good stuff by doing so.
- This is the room you fall into. First thing first, sprint forward as you land! There is an Uchigatana wielding Black Phantom behind you! If you have a Thief's Ring equipped, he will likely ignore you for now though. Walk forward and talk to Saint Urbain. Loot the items here. For the Uchigatana Black Phantom, moving clockwise works well. After he swings, he will expose his back to you if you move in that direction. The treasure on the stalagmite is the Magic Sword "Makoto" that Satsuki is looking for, but it requires White Tendency to drop. When done, climb up the staircase behind where the Uchigatana Black Phantom once was. Saint Urbain will appear in the Nexus once you leave this area now. Talk to Patches to get a Ring of Gash Resistance for your troubles.
- There is another one of those illusionary archways here, midway up the stairs on the left. This leads to a super-leveled Black Skeleton wielding dual Katanas. He can kill you in one or two hits in most instances, so be extra cautious. The Crystal Lizard out here is one of the more annoying ones to catch, as he tends to suicide off the cliff before you can reach him. Keep climbing the cliff side out here and you will get the White Bow and 18 White Arrows.
Tip If you're patient, there's an easy way to kill the Crystal Lizard here. Stand near the edge of the cliff where you fought the Black Skeleton and look towards the Crystal Lizard's location. You should be able to see it hiding in the grass. Aim with your bow and fire off an arrow. Upon taking damage, it will dart off in the opposite direction, but it will not run; instead, it will just return to its original position. Continue with this strategy for an easy defeat. You shouldn't even need the Thief's Ring equipped, either.
- A pressure switch is behind the altar here, which opens the door at point 10.
- This door is opened with the pressure switch at point 9.
- Again, the Thief's Ring will prevent the Storm Beast from attacking you in most instances. You can see 3 Silver Skeletons below. Try luring them out one at a time with arrows. If you have trouble, climb the small step back near Point 10 and hit them with ranged attacks. Usually enemies will not climb these steps (although that is not true 100% of the time). If you're having trouble with the gold skeletons or BP skeletons, it's possible to lure them up to these steps as well.
- There are 2 Gold Skeletons here. You can lure them out one at a time with arrows from that little balcony just before this point. Pick up the Soul after beating them and proceed towards the next cave entrance.
- Now this map is starting to pick up. After you enter this cave you'll see a walkway leading to a staircase, wrapping around this room. There is a Shadowlurker here who fires a powerful sweeping magic beam attack at you. Quickly rush him and fight him at melee to avoid taking too many hits. Using a Dark Silver Shield will also completely negate the beam damage. [You can roll below the beams and even be below Shadowlurker itself 99% of the time quite safely]. With him dead, proceed to the next corner. Note where he respawns here. Kill him again. Now pull out your bow and look to the lower landing to your left, with all of the pillars. Look on the right side of the landing for a pair of yellowish eyes. Shoot some arrows at this Reaper to lure him out onto the middle of the landing. Keep firing until he either dies, or the Shadowlurker respawns. If the former, get ready to walk on down, otherwise swap out and melee the Shadowlurker.
- or -
With the Thief's Ring equipped head a bit toward the walkway until you can see the Shadowlurker (Take note where the Shadowlurker was standing). Snipe the Shadowlurker . When it is dealt with, hurry to the spot it was standing at and go into sniper view. Look down and in between the columns you should see the Reaper, snipe it as quick as possible before the Shadowlurker returns to this spot.
- or -
Bring ~10 Soul Remains with you. When you enter the cave on the right side below should see the Reaper . Toss some Soul Remains down behind the Reaper . He will try to hit it with his Scythe, fall down and die. Though you may need a little practice to toss it right behind him.
- or -
If you're confident that you can take down a Reaper in one series of attacks, and you've figured out where the Reaper is, you can get through the room quickly by simply dashing from Shadowlurker to Shadowlurker until you can turn the corner to face the Reaper. You should be close enough that you can take him down before he can start any attacks.
- This is the general area where the Reaper hangs out. Note how close he is to the cliff here. Folks to engage in melee sometimes fall off while attacking him. If you melee him once, he should fall off of the cliff and perish. If you can survive to the end of the level, he actually falls into Old Hero's crypt, allowing you to pick up whatever darkmoon stone or scythe he may have dropped.
- As you walk across this landing, a totally invisible(for now) female Shadowlurker spawns behind you, giggling. Run to the other end of the landing and turn around with your shield raised to avoid a fatal backstab. Once her attack rebounds off your shield she will be visible. Fight her like a regular Shadowlurker, just a bit faster.
- You will see two items in this natural cell room. They are merely Crescent Grass laid out as a trap. If you approach, two female Shadowlurkers appear behind you again. Avoid this spot and proceed onward, or stand near the wall with your shield raised until you have blocked both fatal strikes and they have become visible. Kill them and proceed onward.
Tip If you backtrack to the location of the two Gold Skeletons outside the fog-gate at point 12, these two female Shadowlurkers should be visible once you get back here.//
- The last Reaper is hiding by the purple Shadowlurker here, hidden around the corner. Notice that you set yourself up for a pincer attack here. You have a few options: use a Poison Cloud spell on the purple Shadowlurker and you should catch the Reaper as well, shoot the purpleShadowlurkerwith arrows, then lure out the Reaper and do the same, or kill the purple Shadowlurker and try to sprint past the Reaper using the open spot where the Shadowlurker once stood. No more Reapers.
Tip To deal with this Reaper, simply return to where the second Reaper was located and head back to the staircase. If you look below, the Reaper should be visible and easy to snipe off. (Reaper will not be visible unless you pass the entrance leading to the outside below, once a fog path)
- Look at this room closely. Notice those white balls floating about? Remember the proximity explosives of 2-2? Yeah. Watch their patterns, then bait their explosions by dashing towards one and retreating. Or, if you've got the running space for it, simply dash right through one. Also, the Phosphorescent Slugs here can team up on you if you fall in the wrong spot. Do kill them though, as they provide Sticky White Stuff for your weapon. You can also get a Hiltless katana and Ronin's Ring from that little room off to the right. I suggest looping back around from the far side passage. This puts you behind most of the slugs.
- The blind Old Hero boss. See the Old Hero link for more information.